- incompatible with the system version update;
- intervention in the process of updating third-party antivirus;
- corruption of Windows system files.
Acquainted with the problem, let’s try to get rid of it with a few proven techniques.
Method # 1 Run the Troubleshooter (Win 10 only)
Some users claim that they managed to get rid of the error 0x8007043c using system Troubleshooter update. True, such a thing is already installed in your OS so download and install any necessary.
To use this tool, you need to do the following:
- click on the keyboard Windows+R;
- write in the blank line ms-settings:troubleshoot and press Enter;
- left click on the item “Windows update”;
- click on the “Start Troubleshooter”, which appears below;
- follow the instructions on the screen.
As soon as you apply the solution, all of the solution to a problem, restart your computer and then try again to update your system.
Method # 2 Disable antivirus
Antivirus is designed to protect the computer from various virus threats. However, in some cases, the antivirus third-party (not from Microsoft) can interfere with the normal operation of Windows. If your PC has any third-party antivirus, we strongly recommend that you disable it and then again try to update Windows. Perhaps 0x8007043c error occurred because of over protective antivirus.
Method # 3 Run DISM and SFC
If none of the above methods did not help you, you can try to use their system DISM and SFC. For this you need to follow these steps:
- press Windows+R;
- insert value cmd and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter;
- type the command sfc /scannow and press Enter;
- wait for the teams and restart the computer;
- again open a Command prompt;
- write DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press Enter;
- wait for the procedure and again restart the computer.
Try to update your Windows and see if there is error 0x8007043c again.