In some cases the error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED attached a rather lengthy message, which claims that the video driver was updated or the graphics card was disconnected from the system.
- The video driver started working correctly.
- Not the best overclocking.
- The graphics card was not connected properly to the motherboard.
- The graphics card lacks power.
- Normal operation of the display driver prevents third-party software.
The decision DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
Solution # 1 Update DirectX
The first thing you should do is update DirectX. This API is mentioned in the error message: your system may lack some of the DirectX libraries, which are necessary for normal run of the game/program. Click on this linkto download the web installer of DirectX from the official Microsoft website. Run the file dxwebsetup.exe and follow the instructions on the screen. Once DirectX is updated, restart the PC and check for the error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.
Solution 2 Disable ShadowPlay
Owners of video cards Nvidia claim that they in combating error helped disable ShadowPlay. The latter could begin to interfere with launching the video game. Deactivate recording gameplay is possible through the control panel of the GeForce Experience. For greater reliability you can still disable the service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVIDIA GeForce Experience Service NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service NVIDIA Streamer Service.
Solution # 3 Increase the paging file
In the Internet appeared the message, if this problem can be corrected by increasing the paging file. Works this solution is not for everyone, but worth a try. To increase the paging file as follows (on Windows 10):
- press Win+S;
- write a query and select result;
- click on the “advanced system settings”;
- in the new window go to the tab “Advanced”;
- click on “Settings…” under performance;
- again, go to the tab “Advanced”, but only in the new window;
- under virtual memory click on “Change…”;
- uncheck the option “Automatically select the swap file size”;
- set the initial and maximum size (depends on the amount of RAM and your problems!), then hit “Ask”;
- close all Windows and restart the computer.
Run the desired toy and see whether the error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED this time.
Solution 4 reinstalling the video driver
Reinstall video driver — a reliable solution for many problems that occur when you run demanding applications. In the process of removing the driver includes the following:
It’s really that simple. But what is DDU? Display Driver Uninstaller (or DDU) is a special utility which at the moment will remove from your PC the video driver problem. After this will only go to the website of the manufacturer of GPU (Nvidia, AMD or Intel), download the new driver and install it.
Download DDU can at this link on the official website of the developers. Double-left click on DDU v18.104.22.168.exe and follow the instructions on the screen to install the DDU. After installation, boot into Windows safe mode (important!) and run Display Driver Uninstaller. Before you will appear the following window:
Select the manufacturer of GP and click “Uninstall and restart (highly recommended”. Expect a complete cleaning of the computer, and then install the new version of the video driver. Again restart the PC and check for DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.
Solution 5 Remove recently installed software
Before the advent of the errors established new programs? They could be a catalyst for the emergence of the problem. Get rid of that and test the game/app. Also do not forget that some third-party service can conflict with the graphics driver.
To check this, you need to enable secure boot.
- Press Win+R;
- write msconfig and press Enter;
- go to the tab “Services”;
- check the box next to “hide all Microsoft services”;
- click on “Disable all”;
- now go to the tab “startup” and click “Open task Manager”;
- disable everything in the list and restart the PC.
On login, check for DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED. If the error disappeared, then one of the disabled services undoubtedly caused it. Further, it is necessary to alternately enable the service to find the “culprit.”
Decision No. 6 Adjustment of power settings
Also you can try to get rid of this problem through changing some power settings. Nothing dangerous in these actions no — don’t worry!
- Press Win+S;
- write “control Panel” and select the found result.
- select large icons in view mode;
- go to “power supply”;
- select the scheme “High performance” and click next to it on the “change plan settings”;
- click on the line “Change advanced power settings”;
- expand “PCI Express”→”power Management link state”;
- in the entry values set to “Off” and click “Apply”;
- then restart the PC.
Decision No. 7 Checking the video card and its connections
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error began to occur after installing the graphics card? You need to check few things: is it a video card in the correct PCI-E connected to it additional power (if any), whether all is normal with the video card, for example, is not oxidized whether its contacts, and so on. If all goes well, then try to reconnect the graphics card.
Decision No. 8 to Change graphic settings in the game
And have you tried lowering the graphics settings in the game? Some users claim that they managed to get rid of the error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED, lowering the quality of graphics. Antialiasing, shadow quality, lighting and textures, draw distance detail and more — try lowering the quality of the most demanding settings and view, will the situation change.